Who we are and what we do…
In addition to our other ongoing activities, our club was also responsible for the construction of three family housing projects in the Parkgate area and a seniors building in Deep Cove. We continue to manage all these complexes, providing a total of 199 affordable housing units to some 500 North Vancouver residents.
Whether cooking at a food event or “shaking the can” at the Canvass for the Kids our members have a lot of fun while raising funds to help benefit our community.We hold dinner meetings twice a month where our members enjoy fellowship and conduct our club’s business. We also cooperate with other Lions clubs in joint projects, and it is always a pleasure to work side by side with members of other clubs. Through attendance at various Lions conferences and forums we share ideas which help our club and others in creating new ways to fundraise and support our local communities.
About Lions Clubs
Since 1917, Lions clubs have offered people the opportunity to give something back to their communities. From involving members in projects as local as cleaning up an area park or as far reaching as bringing sight to the world’s blind, Lions clubs have always embraced those committed to building a brighter future for their community. Mount Seymour Lions Club is one of 45,000 clubs in 200 countries. To learn more about Lions internationally please go to our Links page.
Lions Club Objectives
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the people of the world.
- To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship, and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
WE ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPPORT PROVIDED BY THE PROVINCE OF BC THROUGH GAMING GRANTS.